5 Dad-Approved Cocktails for Father's Day
No, we’re not here to tell you that Dad is sick of the 6-pack that you bring him each year, we’re just here to help you spice up the holiday by throwing some whiskey or tequila in the mix! Our Dad-Approved cocktails below win every Dad over, we promise you that. For more cocktail tips & tricks, follow our Pintrest page, our handle is @vsliquor!
Our first Dad-Approved cocktail is the Gold Rush. Very similar to a whiskey sour, but you use honey syrup instead of simple syrup. It sounds like a simple change, but this ingredient makes a huge difference! And Dads love it! Below are the ingredients and instructions for the Gold Rush.
- 2 oz bourbon of your choice
- 1 oz honey syrup
- ¾ oz lemon juice, freshly squeezed
- Garnish: lemon twist
- Fill a cocktail shaker bottle with ice, and then pour in the bourbon, honey syrup and lemon juice. Shake until well-chilled.
- Strain into a rocks glass over 1 large ice cube
- Garnish with lemon twist, sip and enjoy!
Our second Dad-Approved cocktail is the Bloody Maria! You may have heard of this one before. We recommend starting your Father’s Day with this one, especially if you garnish it the way that we recommend - it’s like breakfast in a glass! Instead of using Vodka like you do for a traditional Bloody Mary, you will use tequila. Here are the ingredients and instructions:
- 2 oz tequila
- 4 oz tomato juice
- ½ oz freshly squeezed lemon juice
- ½ tablespoon of horseradish
- 4 dashes of Worcestershire
- 2 dashes of tabasco
- 2 dashes of tapatio hot sauce
- 1 pinch of celery salt
- 1 pinch of black pepper
- Garnish: Lime & Lemon wedge
- Garnish: On a skewer, place one cube of cheddar cheese and three green olives
- Garnish: One piece of bacon
- Garnish: One stalk of celery
- Add all ingredients (except garnishes) into a cocktail shaker filled with ice
- Shake briefly and strain into a pint glass filled with new, fresh ice
- Garnish, sip and enjoy!
Our third Dad-Approved cocktail is the Manhattan. This upscale cocktail goes great with dinner, and it may be a cocktail that your Dad doesn’t have often - so it would be the perfect treat. You can even gift your Dad with a nice bottle of rye and then stir up this cocktail for happy hour! If he’s a whiskey lover, he’ll love it. Here are the ingredients and instructions:
- 2 ½ shots of Bourbon or Rye Whiskey
- ½ shot of Dry Vermouth
- ½ shot of Sweet Red Vermouth
- 2-3 dashes of Angostura Bitters
- Garnish: Lemon peel & 1 cherry
- Chill a Martini Glass (or glass of your choice)
- Add all ingredients to a cocktail shaker bottle
- Fill shaker bottle halfway with ice
- Stir with a bar spoon for 30 seconds
- Fine-strain into chilled glass
- Garnish and enjoy!
Our fourth Dad-Approved cocktail is the Rusty Nail. This is a true scotch lover's cocktail with only two ingredients - doesn’t get much easier than this! It’s the perfect combination of a hot Scotch taste, balanced by herbal overtones from the Drambuie.
- 2 shots of Scotch Whiskey
- 1 shot of Whiskey liqueur
- Add Whiskey and Drambuie to rocks glass
- Half fill with ice and stir with a bar spoon
- Sip and enjoy!
Our last (but not least) Dad-Approved cocktail is the Moscow Mule! This is one of our personal favorites because it’s so refreshing and enjoyable. Everyone likes this drink! And, you can have multiple without getting sick of the flavors - it’s that good! Here is how you make it:
- 2 oz Vodka (we recommend Ketel One)
- ½ oz freshly squeezed lime juice
- ⅓ oz sugar syrup
- 3 oz Ginger Beer
- Pour the first three ingredients into a mug/glass and stir.
- Fill glass ⅔ of the way with ice
- Top off with Ginger Beer
- Crown with crushed iced
- Sip and enjoy!
We hope you enjoy our recommendations. If you do end up making any of these cocktails, let us know what you think and tag us in your posts! We are on instagram and Facebook. Don’t forget to take advantage of our online shop and in-person stores! We offer instant access to high-quality, rare brands that take your cocktails to the next level.