LAGAVULIN 12 YEAR OLD SPECIAL RELEASES 2022 SINGLE MALT SCOTCH WHISKY
As our legend goes, one extraordinary day the King of Islay was reborn. A spark of sunlight fell from the sky, and set the land ablaze. When the flames subsided, the scorched earth was veiled in thick smoke. Suddenly, new life rose from the ashes in shimmering feathers of honeyed gold and rich crimson. A regal Phoenix soared above its wings of fire powering the stills of Lagavulin, amplifying its spiced intensity.
Lagavulin has long been the home of legends. Its rocky bay was crowned with a castle by Lords of the Isles who ruled long ago. The distillery rose in succession; deeply respected, a king born to power. Made in the birthplace of distilling, this iconic Islay malt is intense and smoky, steeped in history and lore for over two hundred years.
In this deep expression from virgin oak and our smokiest reserves, peaty casks lead spice and smoke on their eternal dance with deep sweetness. The smooth, oily start shines with sweet richness, before lemony citrus and sea salt add freshness and an explosion of spice to savor. Mid-palate, the taste becomes more drying, its smoky intensity ever-growing. Great waves of peat wreathe the long, smoky-spicy finish. New-fired, Lagavulin soars to fresh heights of spiced smoke.
- The King of Islay reborn as a shimmering, flamegarlanded phoenix, fit to power a soaring, deeply smoky expression.
- Crackling spice rises from the smoky intensity. From a combination of virgin oak casks and smokiest reserves.
- An elemental Lagavulin from virgin oak and our smokiest reserves, in which rich, peaty casks lead saltiness, spice and smoke on their eternal dance with deep sweetness.
- Best served neat, pour 60ml of Lagavulin 12YO in a whisky glass and enjoy.
- Lagavulin 12YO is a unique gift that stands out within the Special Releases collection, and is perfect for get-togethers with friends or family.